University Access Program
- Your Alternative Entry into UOW Shoalhaven
- Entry Requirements
- Progression to UOW
- Progression to other Australian Universities
- Payment Method
- How to Apply
- Location of UAP at the Shoalhaven Campus
- Postal Address for Applications
- More Information
The University Access Program (UAP) at the Shoalhaven campus is a part time 14 week program designed to prepare students for University.
After successful completion^ of the course, you are guaranteed entry into a range of undergraduate degrees at the UOW Shoalhaven Campus.
|Classes commence:||Week beginning 26 June 2017|
|Applications Close:||30 April 2017 |
* Late applications will be considered where places are available.
|Times:||9.30 – 12.30 3 days per week. Days to be confirmed|
|Duration:||14 weeks |
9 hours per week (3 days x 3 hour classes)
|Financial Support:||Commonwealth Supported Places + FEE-HELP|
**UAP applicants are encouraged to apply for a Commonwealth Supported Place (CSP) to cover the cost of the courses tuition fees.
The University Access Program (UAP) prepares you fundamental skills required to succeed at university and in your chosen career. This course is delivered by UOW College on behalf of the University of Wollongong.
UAP will help you:
- Develop study skills habits including time management, essay writing, referencing your work and learning skills.
- Become familiar with the academic standards and expectations at university.
- At successful completion, UOW College guarantees you entry into first year of your nominated UOW Shoalhaven degree.
The UAP at the Shoalhaven Campus is a joint initiative of the UOW Shoalhaven Campus and the UOW College.
Guaranteed^ Entry in to UOW Shoalhaven
After successful completion^ of the program, you are guaranteed entry into the below UOW Undergraduate degrees at the UOW Shoalhaven Campus or our other Regional campuses in Batemans Bay, Bega or Moss Vale.
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accountancy)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Event Management)
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Social Science
If you are interested in studying a different University degree on the Wollongong campus, you can read about the UAP Wollongong campus by visiting the UOW College website.
- Entry is dependent on your ATAR (Australian Tertiary Admission Rank) or equivalent.
- If you are applying for the UAP and do not have an ATAR, you will need to sit a Literacy and Numeracy Test in order to assess your suitability for the program.
- Any work experience or other formal qualification you may have received may also be considered in your application.
When you receive your offer for the UAP, you also receive your offer for your chosen university of Wollongong degree. Given this, you will need to choose your university degree at the UOW Shoalhaven campus prior to starting the UAP program.
You need to achieve the required Weighted Average Mark (WAM) in order to successfully complete the UAP. Upon successful completion of the course, you can start your chosen UOW degree in its next available session.
If you intend to seek progression to another Australian university you will need to discuss entry requirements with the relevant university prior to accepting a place in the UAP at the Shoalhaven Campus.
FEE-HELP is also available to eligible students to cover all or part of the tuition fees. Click on these links for further information on CSP or FEE-HELP. Alternatively contact UniAdvice on 1300 367 869
- Complete the UOW College Application form and return to UniAdvice.
- To apply for a Commonwealth Supported Place, to apply to be exempt from tuition fees, complete a Commonwealth Supported Place application [pdf - 208kb].
You can also receive the required application forms by contacting UniAdvice on 1300 367 869, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Shoalhaven Campus in person.
University of Wollongong - Shoalhaven
Ray Cleary Building
George Evans Road
University of Wollongong
NSW 2522 Australia
"I found the 14-week bridging program that I attended at UOW College invaluable to my degree, especially the advice, guidance and enthusiasm shown by my lecturers.
As I left school in 1976, the UOW College subjects taught were extremely helpful in assisting me with writing essays and certainly prepared me for University
study. I chose UOW College because of its outstanding reputation. The flexibility of the program allowed me to return to study, even though I still had work and family commitments.
I graduated from UOW with Distinction and now am completing a postgraduate degree at UOW. UOW College is certainly the best possible pathway to University."
University Access Program - Wollongong
Wollongong College Australia (UOW College)
Bachelor of Arts (History) with Distinction
Contact UniAdvice on 1300 367 869, email email@example.com or visit the Shoalhaven Campus in person.
^You must achieve the required Weighted Average Mark (WAM) and any other states requirements in the UAP to progress to your university degree.
- Spring Seminar Notes 1 - Nursing
- Spring Seminar Notes 2 - Nursing
- Spring Seminar Notes 3A - Nursing
- Spring Seminar Notes 1 - Arts / Soc / Bus / Sowk
AIME Mentoring Program
For more information contact:
Layne Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org